Reserve Your Tour
The starry night sky takes your breath away.
Stars over Lake Mashu
|Operation period||APR 1, 2017 - MAR 31, 2019|
|Minimum participants req.||1|
|Departure time||8:30 PM (MAY 11 - SEP 30) 7:30 PM (OCT 01 - MAY 10)|
|Requirements / Notes||-|
Price & Payment
|Price||Adult (Junior high school student or older): JPY3,500, Child (Elementary school student): JPY2,500, Infant: JPY500|
|Price includes||Tour guide, Insurance|
|Cancellation policy||Cancellations made after the application deadline due to personal reasons will incur a 100% cancellation charge. Customers wishing to cancel should contact us before 6:30PM on the day of the tour.|
What to bring
- Summer: It may get colder than you expect as the seasons change, so please dress warmly. Winter: Please wear warm winter clothing such as skiwear, hats (which cover the ears), gloves, boots, neck warmers, etc.
1. If star-watching is not possible at Lake Mashu, a night tour of Mt. Io will be held instead.
2. If the tour is cancelled (due to inclement weather, road conditions, insufficient participation etc.) you will receive notification by 6:30 PM on the day of the tour.
3. The ending time may vary slightly.
4. Mt. Io night tour (if star-watching is not possible at Lake Mashu).
Experience the unique atmosphere of Mt. Io at night. This walking tour will take you right up close to Mt. Io's fumaroles, where you can watch the constantly rising plumes of white steam. Your guide will show you features of Mt. Io that only an expert can spot, such as hot springs and sulfur crystals. (Please note that it is not possible to reserve only the Mt. Io Night Tour.)
Recommended Tour おすすめのツアー
Lake Mashu first observatory, Teshikaga, Kawakami District, Hokkaido